Warm Up



1. What emotions did you feel as you worked your way through these images?

I felt depressed, sad and sympathetic for the husband and wife.

2. The photographer said this: "These photographs do not define us, but they are us." What do you think about this comment now that you have looked at the photos?
I think that he is trying to convey the message that they are more than what the picture shows. The picture of course it depicting them, but there is more to the couple than of what is conveyed through these moving images.

3. Do you think you could shoot photos like this if you were in this situation?

I don't think I would mentally be able to shoot in this situation. I am a very emotional person so when I have to deal with depressing matters I choose to not share anything that I am experiencing with others, because I don't like it when people pity me. I feel sharing something so deep and personal like this would change the way people see me and feel like they have to treat me different.  

4. If you could write Angelo a letter, what would you say to him?
I appreciate the work you have done and that this has truly touched my heart. I am sorry for your loss and I hope that she enjoyed her life and was happy. I think it's incredible the way that you chose to handle the situation, by documenting it and keeping your wife's image alive and well. 

Comments

Popular Posts