2017 reflection

This picture shows how innocent and majestic the lion is. I like this picture because I love how simplistic it is and I think that the story that goes along with it is very heartbreaking. The fact that not only has ISIS lead to the destruction of people's lives, but also poor innocent animals is disgusting. The animals, especially zoo animals are domesticated and rely on humans for their food and don't know how to fend for themselves. So they are left hopeless and alone.
I like this picture because of how raw it is and also the story that goes along with it. I also like the emotion he is displaying. It makes me so happy to read about how this young boy is supporting his family and who he has taken responsibility to provide for his siblings. He also the oldest of 5 children and I can relate to that so, I already know how hard that can be without the stress of having to provide for them, by making only $150 a month. This also puts in perspective about how good I have it and make me feel humbled about what I have and gracious.
I like this picture because Joe Biden and Barack Obama are such an iconic duo. This photo makes me so happy because of how happy Biden is and honored he looks by being able to receive this recognition from Obama. 







Image result for trippie redd1. What was the best song of 2017?

In my opinion the best song of 2017 would be 'In Too Deep' by Trippe Redd'. I think that the song doesn't get the recognition it deserves. The beat and hook of the song make it so catchy, and such a good song that you can just vibe to or hype up to. I think that Redd's music is very good and he has already collaborated with Travis Scott which is also a very good rapper. I also like the song 'Dark Knight Dummo' , which is the song that Redd collaborated with Scott on.



Image result for girls trip

2. What was the best movie of 2017?

In my opinion the best movie of 2017 was Girls Trip, it's such a funny and iconic movie. I think the movie is also inspirational because it shows a woman coming to the realization that she does not need a man who is a liar and a cheat. She discovers that she does not need him and that while she was pushing her friends away, they were the ones who were really there for her in the end.          


Image result for charlottesville3. What was the most important news story of the year?

In my opinion the most important news story of the year was Charlottesville. It really showed America how disgusting and how neglectful and ignorant our president is. For someone to blame "both sides" for the horrific and disturbing events that occurred at Charlottesville is repulsive. 
The results of the events lead to the death of an innocent woman when a car decided to plow through a crowd protesting against White Supremacists. 

Image result for colin kaepernick
4. Who was the most important person of 2017 in your opinion?

In my opinion the most important person of 2017 is Colin Kaepernick, EASY. He is such an icon and role model.Whenever I think of his story and what he did I immediately feel happy that there are still people in this world that are willing to risk everything to just show the world the problem with society. He became the face of a very serious issue with racism and police brutality to the country, by taking a knee during the national anthem. And the protest only grew bigger this year as hundreds of NFL players would kneel during the anthem in wake of the criticism of President Trump. 

Image result for harvey weinstein5. What was the biggest sports OR entertainment story OR sports/entertainment person of 2017 (you should google what is appropriate for your choice), I leave this one to you to find a photo for.
I think the biggest entertainment story would have to be the sexual harassment claims against Harvey Weinstein, and how disgusting and revolting the whole situation. Since he is at a position of power over these young actress' it makes it even more disturbing, along with the fact that as soon as someone spoke up, only more came up following it. This news story has been seen as controversal as some people accuse the women of lying, which is disgusting, if that many women accuse a man of doing such a thing you should listen to their story, not shame them and accuse them of lying. What Weinstein did is not uncommon and is a very serious issue and on how people can get away with such a thing without repercussions is revolting.

1. One thing that I did over the holidays that was fun is that we went to the trail of lights together. 
2. My resolution is to be more free and happy and be more concerned about my well being.
3. I'm looking forward to making memories with the people that I love and creating moments to last a lifetime.

Comments

Popular Posts