Selfie vs Self-Portrait


I couldn't decide between the two so I picked both. The second picture shows tribute to one of the best vines ever, so all i have to say is RIP vine. Thanks you for your time.



Part 1
A selfie is a picture that you take of yourself that can capture a moment in time, along with the memory from when that photo was taken. They are most likely "temporary." On the other hand, a self-portrait is a photograph you take of yourself with more thought and meaning behind it than a regular selfie.
The main difference between the two is that if you look at a selfie, you most likely won't really feel anything and you'll end up just observing what is going on in the picture. A self-portrait should do the opposite, and make whoever is looking at the photo feel something, or expose something about the subject of the picture. However, you can change a selfie to where it becomes a self-portrait, and vise versa.
I think both selfies and self-portraits are important because they can achieve different things. A selfie is good for capturing a memory from an important place, and the self-portrait is a work of art dedicated to one person. While I usually don't like being in photos that much, I prefer a self-portrait because they are long lasting and are sometimes better quality. It is also for these reasons why I think that a self-portrait is more important, for their impact and overall appeal.

Part 2
I went to the BagNews website, and it was really interesting. I think the website's intention was to update their viewers with news articles, that included many photos, and to start discussions. I saw many articles, from recents updates with politics and science, to photo galleries. Something I saw a lot of was the line, "reading the pictures," so I think an average viewer will be able to get good news updates and information from this website, though articles of course but also with many different pictures. I might add this page to my bookmarks. If I ever have free time, reading a photo essay or flipping through a photo gallery would be a good way to pass the time. I would recommend this website because I think it offers a lot, and I especially like how much they had incorporated photography into the news. I would rate this website a 5/5 because it is really interesting how they let pictures, tell the news.

This picture is from the most recent news story on the home page. I chose it because I think it did a good job of introducing what the upcoming story would include. The picture shows two sides kinda, and the articles had many perspectives and sources, just like the picture. From this website, I realized even more that a news story is not just about the quotes and other features, and that pictures are a very important part. I doubt that if BagNews left off some photos in their articles, they would not be as good or helpful.



Comments

Popular Posts